In 2009 we delivered to students on the outskirts of Capetown, South Africa. Since then we have made multiple donations to orphanages, various schools in remote areas, healthcare workers, and “Treepreneures”. Our most recent donation was in September of 2019 to 35 high school students in a remote town in South Africa.
- Do Something Now!’s goal is to fund 2 deliveries of bicycles per year to deserving groups who can benefit from them in these areas. The recipients include: Orphans (usually parents died of AIDS related illnesses), healthcare workers (the bikes increase their ability to serve patients from one person per day in the countryside to 4 in the same timeframe), and schools (bike use is based on GPA and attendance records).
- At present, delivery of these bicycles is expected to cost about $200 per bicycle. This includes delivery costs, helmet, pump, and repair kit.
- These bicycles are specially designed to be used in rural areas with rough roads. They have one gear, coaster brakes and thick, thorn resistant tires.
- We have forged a partnership with Qhubeka, Pride n’ Purpose (Sir Richard Branson’s foundation in South Africa), Rotary Clubs in South Africa, and other NGO's to do the on-site distribution of these bicycles.
- Find and partner with local NGOs and institutions to distribute bicycles
- Educate how bicycles can improve lives and communities
- Seek corporate partnerships to underwrite fundraising and overhead costs with 100% of private donations going to bicycles.
- Fundraisers in private homes and restaurants
Do Something Now! is incorporated as a non-profit charitable organization in the State of California. Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions in undeveloped countries. Your generous donation will fund our mission. Over 90% of all donations go to bicycles.